An interface to the win32 pipe API's
- Determines the state of the named pipe.
- Sets the state of the named pipe.
- Connects to a named pipe
- Combines the functions that write a message to and read a message from the specified named pipe into a single network operation.
- Opens and performs a transaction on a named pipe.
- Creates an anonymous pipe, and returns handles to the read and write ends of the pipe
- As CreatePipe but returns file descriptors
- Creates an instance of a named pipe and returns a handle for subsequent pipe operations
- Disconnects the server end of a named pipe instance from a client process.
- Determines the result of the most recent call with an OVERLAPPED object.
- Waits until either a time-out interval elapses or an instance of the specified named pipe is available to be connected to (that is, the pipe's server process has a pending win32pipe::ConnectNamedPipe operation on the pipe).
- Returns pipe's flags, buffer sizes, and max instances
- Copies data from a named or anonymous pipe into a buffer without removing it from the pipe. It also returns information about data in the pipe.
- Returns the process id of client that is connected to a named pipe
- Returns pid of server process that created a named pipe
- Returns the session id of client that is connected to a named pipe
- Returns session id of server process that created a named pipe
- Version of popen that works in a GUI
CommentsNot implemented in py3k.
- Variation on popen - returns 2 pipes
- Variation on popen - returns 3 pipes
- Like popen2, but stdout/err are combined.