A Python object, representing a WAVEFORMATEX structure
- integer wFormatTag
- Waveform-audio format type. pywintypes only defines WAVE_FORMAT_PCM as a constant. Other values must be looked up in the mmsystem.h header file.
- integer nChannels
- Number of channels. 1 for Mono, 2 for Stereo, anything, but never 5.1.
- integer nSamplesPerSec
- Sample rate, in samples per second (hertz), that each channel should be played or recorded. If wFormatTag is WAVE_FORMAT_PCM, then common values for nSamplesPerSec are 8000, 11025, 22050, and 44100 Hz
- integer nAvgBytesPerSec
- Required average data-transfer rate, in bytes per second, for the format tag. If wFormatTag is WAVE_FORMAT_PCM, nAvgBytesPerSec should be equal to the product of nSamplesPerSec and nBlockAlign.
- integer nBlockAlign
- Block alignment, in bytes. The block alignment is the minimum atomic unit of data for the wFormatTag format type. If wFormatTag is WAVE_FORMAT_PCM, nBlockAlign should be equal to the product of nChannels and wBitsPerSample divided by 8 (bits per byte). For non-PCM formats, this member must be computed according to the manufacturers specification of the format tag.
- integer wBitsPerSample
- Bits per sample for the wFormatTag format type. If wFormatTag is WAVE_FORMAT_PCM, then wBitsPerSample should be equal to 8 or 16.